It’s always sunscreen season!
We are firm believers in wearing SPF every day. Why? The negative effects of the sun tend to accumulate over time, and the effects are revealed after many years.
There are many claims or excuses out there so we’re here to help clarify why sunscreen is important every day.
1 - Many people claim “I don’t go in the sun”. Yet studies have shown that sunlight penetrates through the glass of your car window, contributing to increased sun damage on your left side.
2 - For those with darker skin, it may be more difficult to see a sunburn or the damaging effects of the sun, every skin type is at risk of developing skin cancer. Sunscreen is a shield.
3 - Sunscreen is a drug, there are both physical and chemical sunscreens and it’s important to know what you’re putting on your skin. Physical sunscreens sit on the skin’s surface to reflect the damaging UV rays, and don’t absorb into the skin or get in your eyes while jogging or working out, avoiding irritation. ColorShade SPF 35 is a physical sunscreen.
4 - When selecting a sunscreen make sure it does not have ingredients like avobenzone, benzophenone, as they are active ingredients-absorbed in your skin. These ingredients are known to irritate the skin and migrate and get in your eyes.
5 - Many people claim that their make-up contains sunscreen. Well most people don’t apply the correct amount to provide enough coverage. Also, watch out for combo products.
6 - Abella’s ColorShade checks all the boxes
- SPF 35 Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
- Contains green tea – a powerful antioxidant with cancer-fighting benefits to protect & repair UV damage
- Vitamins D & E to assist the skin in healing
- Paba Free
- Hypoallergenic, tested
- Non-Comedogenic, doesn’t clog pores.
- Available in 4 convenient shades of Light/ Medium/ Dark/ Ebony to compliment any skin type, making it unique to you.
- Ideal for sensitive skin, Rosacea, safe to apply after procedures on compromised skin, lasers, hydrafacials, peels.